Sunday, January 24, 2016

First day of Class

I showed up to class about 5 minutes late the first day. When I first saw these two videos, I thought they were some sort of animation. I was not that impressed. But when I found out the technique by which these videos were produced, I was captivated.

I did not catch each entire video since I came in late but in the first video my initial reaction was that I saw a lot of bright moving colors. The song and images were in sync together. One technique that displayed this well was the guitar string-like movements on screen that matched the song when the guitar became more prominent. If I had to describe this video in a few words it would be "visual hallucination". These images and colors matched up with the song seemed to take me into a colorful world of grooviness. The second video was practically the same but with more muted colors and grainier film.

Stoked for this first assignment!!







No comments:

Post a Comment