Sunday, January 31, 2016

Synesthesia

Synesthesia is something I never knew about prior to this class and I was blown away reading about it but more blow away listening to people speak about it and show real world examples. It just seems insane to me how musical vibrations create such unique and uniform patterns. I would expect music to visually create a pile of mush but instead it creates elegant shapes that even resemble shapes of other things outside of just music. I was glad to watch and hear a synesthete speak. Some of his material I did not resonate with too strongly but he was still very interesting. One thing people must consider is that he is in a totally different world of emotion and feeling and it may be somewhat difficult to completely understand what he is trying to convey but for the most part, I understood him. While watching the ted talk on sound, I began to picture a world where all sound is visible, both in color and shape. I imagined a beautiful world of waves and colors floating around constantly. Imagine being at a concert and watching visual patterns spew from a guitar and light up the entire stage? It would be incredible. This goes to show how complex the world really is even though we often neglect it and take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment